We spent quite some time in Bali and found some great recipes. I have listed 10 here, some for dishes, some for pastes which are popular there. The simple beef and chicken meals are made special with the paste used.
Everyone in Bali has their own special pastes and all are a little different. Dine out at 10 places and you will get 10 different and unique flavors. All recipes from Bali is usually a mix of different types of herbs and vegetables with a meat stock base.
10 Tasty Recipes From Bali
1. BEEF WITH SPICE PASTE RECIPE
– 1kg. beef strips
– 10 shallots and cloves garlic.
– Tablespoons oil and palm sugar.
– 5cm of ginger.
– 10 cm Laos.
– 10 Candlenuts.
– Salam leaves and coriander seeds.
– Thin and sweet soya sauce.
– Black peppercorns and Bird’s eye chilies.
– Add all the ingredients except the oil and Salam, and grind to a paste.
– Preheat the vegetable oil.
– Add the mixture and Salam then sauté until it turns golden brown. Stir frequently. Serve
2. BALINESE GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE
– 2kg chicken pieces
– 2 cups coconut milk
– 4 cups chicken stock and chicken spice paste.
– 1tbs black peppercorns
– Salam leaves
– Braised lemongrass.
– Preheat the saucepan and add spice paste and fry for two minutes.
– Add the coconut milk, lemongrass chicken stock, boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add the chicken and simmer until partially cooked.
– Remove the chicken and cool it in open air for about 30 minutes.
– Grill the chicken until it becomes dark brown.
3. MINCED SEAFOOD RECIPE
– 300g of raw prawns and snapper fillet.
– Freshly grated coconut
– Lime leaves
– 1tbsp peppercorns and 2 tbsp sugar.
– Green Bird’s eye chilies and lemongrass.
– Seafood spice paste
– Combine the fillet with the prawns and mince finely.
– Add the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
– Create heaped tablespoonsful of the combination.
– Next, mold it on stalks of the lemongrass and grill until it becomes dark brown.
4. PEANUTS SAUCE RECIPE
– 250g of deep-fried peanuts.
– 4 cups of water
– Birdseye chilies and lime leaves.
– Garlic Cloves
– 6cm kencur roots. (ginger root)
– Squeezed lime and sweet soya sauce.
– Add the peanuts, chilies, kencur and garlic and grind to a paste.
– Add all the other ingredients except the lime juice to the mixture in a pot.
– Simmer and stir repeatedly for an hour.
– Add the shallots and lime juice just before serving.
5. SPICE PASTE RECIPE
– 7 red chilies and 12 garlic cloves
– 5cm of kencur root (ginger root)
– 10 cm of turmeric
– 25 shallots
– Black peppercorns and coriander seeds.
– Fresh nutmegs
– cloves and tablespoon oil.
– Dried shrimp paste.
– Process the ingredients in appropriate proportions.
– Preheat the oil and add all the ingredients. Cook with sufficient heat and stir frequently until the mixture turns golden brown.
6. PORK AND SOYA SAUCE RECIPE
- 5 shallots and cloves garlic
- Tablespoons oil
- 600g of pork, boneless, chopped in cubes.
- 8 cm of ginger.
- Thin and sweet soy sauce.
- Black peppercorns, chicken stock, and bird eye chilies.
- Preheat the oil in a saucepan. Next, add the garlic and shallots then sauté until lightly colored.
- Add the pork and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 1 hour.
7. CHICKEN’S SPICE PASTE RECIPE
- 14 shallots and 26 garlic cloves.
- 2.5 cm kencur roots (ginger root)
- Fresh turmeric
- Palm sugar and Vegetable oil
- 2 Stalks of lemongrass and salam leaves.
- Bird’s eye chilies.
- Grind the kencur, shallots, garlic, palm sugar, turmeric, and candlenuts, preferably using a food processor.
- Preheat the oil and sauté the ingredients. Stir frequently until golden brown.
8. TOMATO SAMBAR RECIPE
- 15 shallots
- Tablespoon oil and garlic cloves.
- Shrimp paste. Should be roasted then died.
- Large red chilies and squeezed lime juice.
- 2 tomatoes.
- Preheat the oil and put in the shallots and garlic, then fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add chilies and fry for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put in the lime juice and add salt to taste.
9. SATAY SAUCE RECIPE
- Garlic cloves and 250g of raw peanuts.
- 5cm kencur root and 4 Bird’s eye chilies.
- 1-litre coconut milk.
- Fried shallots.
- Soya sauce and squeezed lime.
- Palm/Brown sugar.
- Raw peanuts. Should be fried for 2 minutes.
- Combine the chilies, garlic, kencur and peanuts and create a paste using a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Put the paste in a pan and add the coconut milk and soy sauce.
- Boil then simmer at a reduced heat with no cover. Stir frequently and after about an hour, add the shallots and lime juice then serve
10. FRIED CHILI RECIPE
- 60 ml of Coconut oil
- 100 g of Shallots
- 75 g Garlic
- 25 g Bird’s eye chilies
- 1 tbsp of Shrimp paste. Should be roasted
- Preheat the oil in a pan, and then add shallots and garlic. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Put in the chilies and prawn paste and fry until golden in color.
- Add salt to taste and fresh lime juice before serving.
Try these 10 recipes and if you like them then visit our Pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/aroadtotravel1. We have visited nearly 50 countries and try to post different foods and recipes that we love on our page there. Check back often as we are continually adding more countries food choices and recipes.
You Might Also Be Interested In Reading
Bali For Couples - The Island Known For Love
10 Unforgettable Bali Instagram Moments
Bali: The Ugly, The Bad and The Beautiful